I love me a good bruschetta. But what do you do once the tomatoes are gone for the season? Good news: this Persimmon Bruschetta is an AMAZING cool-weather version! All you need is a few ingredients to throw this together in a snap and, voilà, the hors d’oeuvres are served!
Makes as many as you want!
- Crusty bread, like sourdough (gluten-free, if preferred)
- Fuyu Persimmons
- Crumbly cheese, like Feta or Cashew cheese
- Good quality balsamic
- Chopped Pistachios, to garnish
- Pomegranate arils, to garnish
- Thinly slice persimmons, lengthwise. Layer them on top of bread of choice (toasted, if desired) then sprinkle cheese, pistachios and pomegranate arils over the bread.
- Drizzle with balsamic and enjoy!